Junior Corporate Attorney:
Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
Marlin Business Services Corp. is seeking a licensed junior attorney with strong legal research and writing background, contract drafting and preferably some litigation experience, applications must include cover letter, resume, and writing sample(s).
- Junior-level in-house position required immediately to provide support to the corporate legal department.
- This position will primarily focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for all areas of the organization.
- Responsible for advising business segments on legal issues related to commercial transactions (which may include advice regarding origination, asset/account management, portfolio administration, customer service, collections, and credit support activities).
- Review and analyze business practices and proposals for compliance with federal and 50 state laws regarding the following areas of law and products: servicing, collections (state and federal), repossessions, bankruptcy, remarketing, commercial lending products, and general banking laws.
- Represent legal department in cross-functional teams and task forces formed to implement new business or legal initiatives and work with other departments to resolve issues.
- Assist with FRB and other regulatory exam preparedness and assist with regulatory filings.
- Firm grasp of Uniform Commercial Code Article 2A and Article 9 and rules relating to security interest attachment, perfection and priority.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the organization and develop strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
- Support initiatives of SVP and VP Legal, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have a Juris doctor (JD), Pennsylvania and New Jersey admission preferred, and have mature judgment, excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, legal research and writing skills.
- Understanding of the financial services industry – including an ability to understand all facets of financial services, such as leasing, secured lending and asset management.
- One to three years in relevant commercial and corporate transaction experience at a large law firm, regulatory/governmental agency or corporate legal department. Leasing/financial industry/banking sector is preferred.
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Compliance mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to think and lead on a strategic level within an organization.
- Initiative to work independently in a project setting with members of other departments.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Successful candidate will receive a competitive salary along with an excellent benefit package to include: Health, Rx, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Equity, ESPP, 401 (k) with match, flexible spending, on-site fitness center and much more…
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled