Manager, Email & Database Marketing
Marlin Business Services Corp.® specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses. Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing to over 350,000 small businesses through a network of over 25,000 equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers and distributors. We are changing how small businesses access capital by combining our reputation for excellent service with our underwriting expertise, data driven automation and new technology platforms to offer multiple financing products and a better customer experience.
The primary goal of the Marketing Team is to drive growth at Marlin and increase awareness of Marlin’s brand and products. We are passionate about deeply understanding our customers’ needs and acting as their advocates both inside and outside the organization. We take a data-driven, strategic approach to new customer acquisition, brand strategy, marketing communications, customer engagement and retention. We thrive on teamwork, passion and making an impact in a work environment that’s energetic and fun.
The Manager, Email and Database Marketing will be responsible for all email and direct mail communications to existing small business customers of Marlin. You will drive customer engagement and growth through automated email and direct mail programs at every stage of the customer journey – driving conversion during the application process, welcoming new customers, managing customer relationships and importantly, marketing additional products and services to increase revenue per customer. This is a high profile role that works with teams across the enterprise to increase customer loyalty and value.
- Create and execute multi-channel (email, direct mail) marketing campaigns focused on generating demand for additional products from existing customers
- Design marketing strategy in coordination with phone sales & outbound calling teams and work with sales management to track leads and results
- Be the company-wide expert on the entire customer journey through email and manage all lifecycle emails, including drip marketing campaigns and real-time transactional emails.
- Develop behavioral & trigger based email campaigns to drive customer actions, engagement and loyalty.
- Define campaign messaging and work with the marketing communications team to develop effective email content and promotions that drive customer action.
- Create, manage and execute on email and direct mail campaigns including customer segmentation, campaign exclusions, creating email/ direct mail lists, campaign setup and execution, maintaining a library of email creatives and content, and implementing robust tracking and measurement.
- Design A/B tests for messaging, content and experience, track results, and optimize campaigns.
- Analyze data and present regular reports to marketing and sales management teams
- Own the data flow processes between our enterprise email system (Marketo), customer management platform (Salesforce) and our data warehouse, working with the technology team to define and pull additional fields into data feeds.
- Own relationships with email and direct mail vendors and expand functionality of email operations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in email and/ or database marketing with demonstrated experience in driving customer response & sales leads through marketing
- Experience with email service providers & marketing automation platforms. Experience with Marketo is a significant plus.
- Understanding of the nuances of email HTML, with a working knowledge of HTML
- Solid understanding of relational databases, with a working knowledge of SQL
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data to identify opportunities, track results and improve performance.
- Strong customer focus with a proven ability to understand customer needs/ preferences and work with creative teams to develop effective marketing communications and customer experiences.
- Ability to critically assess, drive action, and deliver meaningful results in a high-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to present to senior executives and communicate effectively across the organization
- A passion for working with and helping small businesses
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience with small business marketing and/ or financial services
- Experience with coding email html
- Experience with Salesforce and/ or Informatica
- Experience with direct mail or other forms of direct response marketing
- Experience with advanced SQL, with the ability to join data across multiple tables and environments
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary along with an excellent benefit package to include: Health, Rx, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Equity, ESPP, 401(k) with match, flexible spending, on-site fitness center and much more…
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled