Senior Business Development Manager
Marlin Business Services Corp. ® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
- Meet or exceed budgeted forecasts for both volume and yield.
- Meet with dealer principals, finance managers and sales manager to introduce and present Marlin programs and services, promptly relay credit decisions, negotiate terms, close deals and explain the benefits Marlin brings to the market.
- Self-manage a multi-state territory by planning, scheduling and preforming dealer visits, handling dealer issues/questions/concerns and handling other administrative needs as necessary.
- Develop and maintain accurate data in client database
- Work with inside sales team and support to ensure the highest level of service and customer satisfaction
- Ability to prescreen, compile sales/credit package, structure and price larger transactions when necessary.
- An Undergraduate degree required.
- 5 plus years’ sales experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of the commercial equipment leasing industry
- Office Equipment (Copier) leasing or sales experience strongly preferred
- Successful track record in sales meeting and exceeding volume and yield expectations.
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills with ability to develop an assigned territory and build strong relationships.
- Have a clear understanding of finance and lease transactions with the ability to discuss those transactions with appropriate dealer personnel or any other party.
- Develop and present training sessions to dealer personnel as needed.
- Ability to travel (Approximately 30%)
- Plan and manage travel and entertainment expenses prudently and submit expense reports timely.
- Self-motivated with ability to function independently with little supervision
- Polished and professional presentation skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cold call, as well as ask for referrals and recommendations to warm-up leads.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package along with an excellent benefit package to include Health, Dental, Rx, Vision, Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability insurance, Restricted Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) with match, flexible spending, generous PTO, State of the Art Fitness Center and much more...
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- No Relocation
- No Sponsorship