Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
• Regulatory Compliance: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and USA Patriot Act (70%)
• Researches reported suspicious activity, reviews case files, and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) to ensure government compliance when necessary.
• Assists Bank Secrecy Act Officer in maintaining and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures for BSA, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act and OFAC processes.
• Assists Bank Secrecy Act Officer in responding to and implementing corrective action for BSA findings and recommendations of federal examiners and auditors.
• Keeps abreast of BSA and related laws, policies and procedures, and Federal Financial Institutions Examinations Council (FFIEC) guidelines through ongoing completion of applicable training.
• Responds to inquiries from employees regarding regulatory and procedural compliance in the areas of BSA, OFAC and USA Patriot Act.
• Initiates and responds to fraud consortium requests.
• Compiles supporting documentation for the annual BSA and OFAC risk assessments.
• Prepares and distributes communication pieces to employees. Facilitates training sessions when necessary, explaining changes in regulations, impact on operations, and actions needed to meet compliance.
• Partners with Human Resources to ensure employees complete all required BSA and OFAC compliance training courses. Periodically reviews and assists with updating BSA and OFAC training materials to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Performs OFAC watch list reviews and follows up on potential issues with the BSA Officer.
• Performs 314a reviews and notifies BSA Officer of any hits.
• Examine Bank policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
• Stay abreast of changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the Bank.
• Coordinates with legal counsel and operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings.
• Assist with the revision, preparation, and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
• Support the Bank's compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing and reporting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required
• 0-3 years of prior relevant experience in financial services compliance and/or bank regulations.
• PC/Software proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint (pivot tables a plus)
• Collaboration – Builds trusting partnerships to impact positive change, improve operations, and align with organizational strategies.
• Effective Communication – Ensures clear, appropriate messages are provided to others on a consistent basis.
• Experience with/willingness to become familiar with Bank Secrecy Act required, as well as a desire/willingne3ss to take required courses to become certified and become the organization's Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
• Adaptability – Remains flexible to overcome obstacles and achieve results