Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
Our organization, Marlin Business Service Corp. (NASDAQ: MRLN) is growing and we are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules to be populated for SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings.
• Review earnings release script, earnings release financials and supplemental data, and additional SEC related materials for completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare closing general ledger entries
• Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations of various accounts
• Research and resolve reconciling items
• Assist with SOX Internal Control documentation
• Work with external auditors and assist with financial audit to ensure compliance with accounting and reporting standards
• Manage journal entry storage and retrieval process
• Identify areas for process improvement and implement new processes
• Examine existing internal controls and identify areas of improvement
• Participate in the month, quarter, and year end close process
• Assist with other miscellaneous projects and tasks for department and company as assigned
• Highly motivated individual with solid verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi company environment
• Excellent problem solving skills (i.e., following audit trails and resolving issues)
• Strong reconcilement and troubleshooting skills
• Microsoft Office (High proficiency in Excel)
• Ability to manage multiple projects and produce reports/reconciliations on timely basis
• Ability to manage work effectively to meet deadlines
• Ability to work well with others and independently
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• 4-6 years related experience accounting/reconciliation experience
• Financial services experience a plus