Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and CD products to small businesses. Marlin provides innovative commercial financing solutions that support our customers’ growth and success. Our mission is help small businesses achieve their American dream while delivering exceptional value and service to our customers.
Marlin Business Services Corp. provides commercial equipment financing and working capital loans to small businesses nationwide. Marlin’s value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors, brokers and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
This position is cross functional in nature with exposure to Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Accounting, and Tax. The role reports directly to the Treasurer and has exposure to senior management.
• Create and maintain complex financial models and databases using multiple data sources
• Participate in analysis projects supporting the CFO and Accounting team.
• Supports special project teams and strategic initiatives through development of analysis and recommendations that identify value drivers and meet key metrics including; ROE, DCF, NPV, EV, and Regulatory Capital
• Assist in structuring and pricing of portfolio sales, acquisitions, or structured debt facilities
• Assist in G/L account reconciliations of serviced portfolio collections versus remittance of funds
• Ensuring timely and accurate financial information reporting in coordination with Corporate Accounting
• Assist projects related to system/process improvements and automation
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance required
• 1-3 years of experience in reporting, banking or leasing industry experience a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to plan and organize to meet critical timelines
• Strong forecasting and financial modeling skills
• Position requires extensive knowledge of Excel
• Highly motivated, with attention to detail and a focus on error free reporting
• InfoLease, Aspire, Access, Solomon, FRX, BI360, and Tableau software experience a plus