arlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering incoming customer calls while maintaining a high level of professionalism and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller. This position will impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers. This position is responsible for resolving or forwarding customer calls and updating information in the system during and after each call. The Customer Service Representative will work with the management team to stay updated as it relates to knowledge, policies and procedures.
• Answer a minimum number of customer calls a day while rectifying any and all concerns or issues including but not limited to:
o My Marlin issues, address change, invoicing, late charges, payment history, payment options, property tax, sales tax (upfront tax), miscellaneous fees, and other concerns.
• Maintain an Average Talk Time between 3 and 5 minutes to gather information and determine resolution or forward to the Customer Care Resolution Specialist.
• Work in a fast paced Team environment to reduce customer wait time while providing the highest level of customer service
• Broad understanding of accounts receivable, payment application and account reconciliation
• Process adjustment requests through Accounts Receivable SharePoint site.
• Process single ACH and Credit Card payments using company authorized software.
• Maintain customer records by updating account information after each correspondence with customer
• Sort and distribute correspondence received via postal mail, email, fax etc.
• Respond to written inquires received via email, fax and/or mail within departmental mandated turnaround time of 72 hours
• Multitask while working in several different software applications including but not limited to:
o InfoLease, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and additional desktop applications.
• Scan and upload all pertinent documentation received to OnBase.
• Adhere to compliance of Documented Policy & Procedure; both Departmental and Organizational.
• Acquire potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
• Assist and complete any additional tasks deemed needed by management
• Adherence to the ACD schedule set forth by management team
• Attend training sessions to expand knowledge and skill
• Assist with inter and cross departmental training
• Assist Collections with outbound campaigns when needed
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• College Degree in related field desired.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years Customer Service, Call Center experienced in a financial organization preferred.
• High volume phone experience.
• 1 plus year of Equipment Leasing/Financing Experience desired.
• Ability to work autonomously while displaying excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail Oriented and ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
• Relies on instruction and established policies and procedures to perform required tasks
• Proficient Computer Skills including MS Office Suite and ability to learn various proprietary software programs