Marlin Business Services Corp. ® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Our organization, Marlin Business Service Corp. (Nasdaq: MRLN) is growing and we are seeking an experienced Property Tax Associate responsible for the overall property tax compliance, reporting and analysis of Marlin Business Services located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. This position will report to the Property Tax Supervisor.
• Responsible for property tax compliance for Marlin Business Services Corporation and subsidiaries
• Maintain the property tax reporting process, including filing and paying returns, estimating and billing customers and collections of amounts invoiced
• Support property tax inquiry mailbox which includes both internal and external inquiries
• Support property tax related audit activities
• Participate in all property tax reconciliations and balances
• Contributes to and drives process improvements
• Work with tax, finance and treasury on any ad hoc projects as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 1-3 years of property tax experience
• Leasing company experience preferred
• Advanced computer literacy skills
• Proven leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi task and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
Software skills to include: Strong computer skills required with expertise in MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, infolease, Property Tax Management Systems