Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
The Insurance & Operations Specialist will be responsible for administering all aspects of Marlin's Insurance Program, including answering incoming calls, claims processing, email correspondence, reporting and data entry. The Specialist will also be responsible for all aspects of filing and archiving Marlin’s contracts post booking, including scanning & filing, archiving & storage, filing UCC’s and preparing files for sale.
• Answer phone calls, emails and faxes from customers, agents, and Marlin employees to explain Marlin's insurance requirements and assist in obtaining the appropriate documentation to fulfill lease agreement obligation.
• Explain Marlin's Leased/Financed Equipment Insurance Policy coverage including coverage, exclusions, insurance fee quotes, refunds and claims process.
• Use weekly reports to ensure the accuracy of customers placed on Marlin’s insurance program and create letters notifying customers of the insurance requirement.
• For Extended Insurance offers: book contracts, process payments, set up blended incomes, and issue additional insured endorsements.
• Process claims for equipment under $25,000 including taking initial claim report from customers, preparing claim packet, evaluating packet for completeness & validity of claim, preparing file for Manager’s review & submittal to ABIC, processing & tracking vendor payments & reimbursement payments from ABIC, and monitor & maintain files in accordance with company policy.
• Review insurance certificates and policies to determine if their coverage meets Marlin's requirements, enter insurance information into Infolease, and upload onto Onbase. Or, respond to customer and/or agent if information is insufficient.
• Review customer’s accounts in Infolease including payment histories, message histories, change logs and adjustments to better service all customers, and document all verbal and written correspondence in Infolease.
• Scan and index files onto Onbase.
• File UCC’s on equipment over $50,000 and all Titled Vehicle contracts in accordance with company policy time frames.
• Review 20 files scanned onto Onbase per month for audit purposes.
• Review 25% of files scanned per month for quality control.
• Prepare files for sale, off-site storage, or shredding as needed.
• Monitor internal correspondence email box and respond accordingly.
• Follow up with Partners and Customers on outstanding title documentation greater than 91 days.
• Other duties as they may arise.
• High school diploma or two years related experience or college degree.
• Detail & customer oriented with ability to work with internal and external resources
• Microsoft Office knowledge required.
• Property and Casualty insurance license or prior insurance experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to handle diverse situations in a positive and professional manner
• Attention to details and proactive problem-solving skills a must
• Strong adherence to policies, procedures, processes and schedule