Human Resources Business Partner
At Marlin we help small businesses fulfill their American dream. Marlin is the preeminent provider of credit products and services to small businesses nationwide, delivering exceptional value and service to our customers, creating a rewarding environment for our employees and generating superior returns for our shareholders. We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our organization and contribute to achieving our mission. This position will report to the Chief HR officer.
- Serve as a business partner supporting leaders and their teams in the following HR disciplines:
- Employee relations
- Compensation management/adminstration
- Performance management
- Learning and development
- Talent management/succession planning
- Workforce planning
- On boarding
- Support and measure key HR related metrics.
- Monitor employee relations ensuring positive management/employee relations are maintained.
- Coach managers and leaders.
- Counsel employees regarding employment matters.
- Coordinate all people cycle activities for assigned groups including succession planning, target setting, and performance management.
- Participate in and work with community organizations to ensure the company’s positive community image.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources
- 7-10 years of HR experience, with 5 years of HR generalist/business partner experience and exposure to all facets of human resources including organization development.
- Financial/Banking industry experience desired.
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of US employment laws, HR procedures and practices.
- Experience using HR systems and talent management systems.
- Confident and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Exercises a high degree of discretion, ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Skilled at multitasking, organizing and prioritizing work.
- Proactive approach toward responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or Organization Development.
- Experience developing and implementing organization and employee development programs.
Marlin is publicly traded (NASDAQ:MRLN). Marlin is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Marlin offers a great work environment and competitive compensation and benefits.