Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
- Oversee a sales team with specific volume and yield objectives within a high growth environment. The Vendor Finance organization uses a primarily inside-sales-telephonic model and is highly disciplined in the use of metrics and defined ‘playbooks’ to rapidly expand vendor customer base and market footprint.
- National Sales Manager will have a team of 8-12 direct sales rep reports that they will work closely to monitor performance and provide appropriate coaching.
- Use a forecasting tool and develop a process to accurately project origination numbers to senior management.
- Assist in the development and creation of the overall sales strategy and playbook revisions and enhancements to drive growth agenda within the Vendor Finance branch.
- Analyze the business using data and key metrics to identify trends to formulate conclusions as to the driving forces behind the business results. Independently and proactively develop strategies to address shortfalls and/or accelerate growth from data interpretation and personal involvement with the vendor base.
- Work directly with senior management communicating the progress of the overall business, along with changes in competitive landscape and having high level ideas as to how to move the business forward in line with company profit models, ROE, and growth expectations.
- Recruit, hire, mentor and lead sales professionals to meet and exceed plans and goals.
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing sales programs, processes and systems, and lead related improvement initiatives.
- Perform annual account plans and quarterly business reviews with partner and program customers.
- Maintain and monitor daily KPIs utilizing sales dashboards to necessitate achieving monthly targets and long-term success of the branch.
- Develop and implement action plans based on course correcting shortfall areas as well as leveraging Marlin’s areas of strength.
- Participate in formulating and administering sales and marketing practices and developing long range goals and objectives (including the establishment of sales and profitability targets for the unit and individual sales professionals, as well as provide sales rep compensation planning input).
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities for unique value-added solutions that provide market differentiation for Marlin and our customers.
- Develop sales plans and targets within the boundaries of Marlin’s overall corporate objectives.
- Develop strategic plans to optimize penetration of desired verticals and related prospects.
- Travel as needed to support and acquire customers at industry tradeshows, open-house, or customer buying events.
- Prescreen, compile sales/credit package, structure and price larger transactions as needed.
- Lives the Marlin values; involved in cross functional team efforts as required and assigned.
- An Undergraduate degree required.
- 5 plus years of proven experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of the commercial equipment leasing industry.
- Successful track record of sales meeting and exceeding volume and yield expectations.
- History of building strong teams focused on business development and customer account penetration.
- Develop and present training sessions to dealer personnel as needed.
- Travel with some overnight stays in the field.
- Plan and manage travel and entertainment expenses prudently and submit expense reports timely.
- Assist other Marlin departments as needed.
- Strategic thinker with strong systems, and sales processes, along with analytical and quantitative skills, sense of urgency balanced by attention to detail.
- Abstract reasoning, flexibility and idea orientation.
- Polished and professional presentation skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Successful Candidate will receive a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package to include: Health, Rx, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, RSPP, 401(k), generous PTO, flexible spending, State of the Art Fitness Center and much more…