Marlin Business Services Corp.® is a publicly traded bank holding company (NASDAQ: MRLN) that provides nationwide commercial financing and depository products and is the parent company of Marlin Leasing Corporation. Marlin specializes in providing innovative financial solutions for small and mid-size businesses.
Since 1997, Marlin has extended over $5 billion in financing by providing tailored financing programs and competitive lease structures. Marlin's value proposition is centered around providing excellent service and delivering on commitments made to equipment dealers, manufacturers, resellers, distributors and their customers.
Marlin is a direct lender providing financing to businesses so they can acquire new equipment and technology while preserving capital.
- Legal Packet, and Settlement reviews for charged-off accounts
- Assist manager and VP with active account resolution—as needed
- Review current daily reporting and review ways to improve accuracy and timeliness
- Timely and frequent interaction with external collection agency and equipment repossession firms
- Timely and accurate cash forecasting of monthly recoveries
- Arrange and determine if site visits/repo’s are needed on charged-off accounts
- Conduct thorough and timely account reviews—coach staff as needed on deficiencies of calls/messages
- Reviewing/approving adjustments if needed—setup G/L adjustments for cash collected
- Weekly review of time cards in Workday
- Prepare and review demand letters and mock suits
- Complete and deliver annual Performance Reviews
- Queue/Portfolio changes when needed to determine proper portfolio allocation—work balance
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a high volume collections/recovery environment
- Leadership skills—supervise staff in their assigned portfolios of charged-off accounts
- Hands on collections skills – Team Lead will have a portfolio to collect
- Ability to devise and implement strategies/processes to improve results
- Thorough understanding of equipment leasing terminology and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train and motivate staff to achieve specific objectives—will include performance reviews, employee counseling and disciplinary actions if needed.
- Assist staff in responding to lessee questions—get involved with customers as required—may include drafting letters, participating in conference calls etc.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint—experience /designing and maintaining spreadsheets, presentations—intermediate level +
- Exposure to Infolease needed and required
- High School diploma required, Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred